2012 All French car day, Sydney, at Silverwater Park

rosspug

Fellow Frogger
It's on again, as per usual. The all French car day at Silverwater Park on Sunday, 15 July 2012. The same glorious venue, with food, good company and lots of delicious cars to view and talk with their owners. $10 per car entry that goes towards meeting the cost of the hire fee for the park and the public address system. Trade displays are welcome, contact Ross Berghofer (0409 504 551) to let him know.
Citroen, Simca, Renaut, Peugeot and any other French marques are welcome. Some golden oldie cars would be welcome, too. This is Sydney's concourse d'elegance for our beloved French marques. No appointment necessary, just turn up on the day, from about 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
Silverwater Park is on the south western corner of the southern approach ramp to Silverwater Bridge.

Last edited:
Additional Interest and Details

The PCCNSW committee has secured additional sponsors for this event and is announcing increased categories and trophies for the Peugeot owner. It is hoped that this will add to the event with sponsors presence Inclusive of Shannons. There will be additional trophies on offer for more categories inclusive of best engine bay presentation, interior, exterior, modified, classics and many more.Further details will be announced shortly however there will be much more for our contestants and visitors this year to the show.

It is hoped that this will reinvigorate the show for all marquee owners, so now there are even more reasons to polish the pride and joy and visit the AFCD 2012.

This year we have brought on board new sponsors inclusive Of Shannons, Xtreme Car audio, Sprayfever,TQ Motor trimming,Car care products, PainterDeb. A full listing of sponsors trophies and categories and standards which the PCCNSW actively judges will be made soon so keep an eye here for the updates.

Last edited:
The PCCNSW committee has secured additional sponsors for this event and is announcing increased categories and trophies for the Peugeot owner.

So, is this the all french car day or the peugeot day????

Jo

I hope the organisers note recent grumblings about the Canberra event and ensure there is:

1. Superior signage and a GPS location offered in advance
2. Clarity of times (eg; arrive by, judging completed by, awards at...)

Also, I trust they don't forget to mention 605s this year.

I hope the organisers note recent grumblings about the Canberra event and ensure there is:

1. Superior signage and a GPS location offered in advance
2. Clarity of times (eg; arrive by, judging completed by, awards at...)

Also, I trust they don't forget to mention 605s this year.
It's all in the second post, addo.

Not all. A decent amount, but not all.

I'd hold it at Munghorn Gap lookout, just so everyone had to drive a bit for once.

Those with the Google Maps App can cut and paste the following coordinates into the search bar and select the Navigation option for the actual venue (not Munghorn Gap!):

Last edited:
Not all. A decent amount, but not all.

I'd hold it at Munghorn Gap lookout, just so everyone had to drive a bit for once.

Thos with the Google Maps App can cut and paste the following coordinates into the search bar and select the Navigation option:

and i don't drive far enough for the event :D

Setting up a Trade Stand at the AFCD

With such a high concentration of Pugs and Cits attending i think i will setup a trade stand for tweed coats, bowls hats and Sound Of Music soundtracks (on vinyl ofcourse).

How could i lose?

It's Renault all the way this year!

PS. Jo Proffi made me send this at gun point.

Hunter Valley Contingent

Will be attending and would expect to see more Hunter froggers this year
Is anyone doing anyrthing special for Bastille Day ?:cheers:

Will be attending and would expect to see more Hunter froggers this year
Is anyone doing anyrthing special for Bastille Day ?:cheers:

With the BX currently purring like a kitten :D, fingers crossed. If I can juggle family commitments, I will make the trip down.

bummer swmbo has organised for us to go to the Zoo on the 15th :( I was looking forward to coming this year...

Tony.

I am gutted that now I'm in the market for a gallic fling, I can't make this meet.

Could anyone that's going PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let the owners of the 205 GTI's that turn up know that I am in the market to buy.

I've got a 'wanted' in the classifieds but would really appreciate it if someone can wander over to the 205's and just spread the word.

Merci, mon amis

Mike

LOL, I was only telling my wife yesterday that I wanted a Renault keyring (when offered one with my name on it from the Info Centre Shop at Echo Point) now that I had a Renault (as opposed to her Renault).... and I have the chance to obtain one this weekend! Hope to be there around lunch-ish after church.:wink2:

On a bright note, the forecast at this stage is "Mostly sunny. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h."

Hope to see you all there in whatever French car you choose to bring.

Those without one are, of course, welcome to peruse the ones that are there.